In the last year alone, the question has shifted from whether we’ll be wearing wearables in the near future to which one is our favorite and what we want to try next. In fact, thanks to the proliferation of fitness trackers from the likes ofJawbone and FitBit, it's only a matter of time before we start mentioning sleep and heart-rate information in casual conversation. So, for the sake of introductions, my name is Brian. I got two hours of REM sleep the other night, and my standing heart rate is 57.
I can also give you some information on how much I sweat, how many times I woke up in the middle of the night and precisely how warm my skin gets when I’m riding my bike to the grocery store — but, then, what would we talk about on our second date?
One of the early adopters in the fitness tracking space is Basis, with its original B1 Band (introduced in late 2012). The product earned a name for itself for the thoroughness of the data it collects. Not only does it track footsteps and calories, the fitness watch gathers an impressive level of detail about what’s going on with your body when you’re sitting, walking, running, biking and sleeping — and that information has only grown in detail through subsequent software updates.

In January, the company announced more updates to the watch’s capabilities, mostly pertaining to how well it watches you sleep. Along with those upgrades came a fancy new version of the watch, the $200 Basis Carbon Steel Edition, which, like the recently refreshed Pebble smartwatch, takes a moment to focus on aesthetic and wearability — elements that weren’t really given enough love in the first go-round. With that in mind, let’s kick this off by talking looks.



Post a Comment

 
Top